New Admin Accounts
- You may notice a new icon when logging in
- Ntiva will soon replace the FC Tech account
- Tip: Restart your Mac once a week
- We use PII-Protect.com for security training and to validate that our/your team is participating
- Chad also provides custom security training to our clients
- We suggestion you make security training a part of new employee onboarding
- PII-Protect.com has new training for 2021 — faster, better production values in videos
- Contact us if you don't currently have a security training program for your team
macOS Big Sur
- We still DO NOT recommend upgrading to macOS Big Sur 11.1
- Big Sur is installed on new Macs
- Update vs. upgrade is confusing through Apple Settings. Ben showed a screenshot of how the Big Sur banner is now blocked for our clients who have not yet authorized the upgrade.
VisionBot new features
- Device Details > Security Area
- Make sure you have end point protection
- Examples include Malwarebytes, OpenDNS, Cylance, SentinelOne, Crowdstrike
- Device Report has new data:
- FileVault status - Enabled Users
- "Some users" can be an issue
- We recommend FileVault encryption for most Macs. Contact us if you're not sure.
- Mac servers should be transitioned to cloud-based solutions (or other local destinations)
- App Report: Added Acrobat and browser information for Firefox and Chrome
Next livestream in two weeks may be on a new platform — we'll keep you posted!