The workflow to enroll your Mac in Ntiva management has changed slightly beginning with Big Sur. If you're running macOS Catalina (10.15) or earlier, please use this guide.
Before enrolling your Mac, please make sure you don't have an existing MDM on your device. Check for this by visiting System Preferences → Profiles. If you don't see an item for Profiles, you're ready to proceed. If you do, you may need to find your existing management MDM and remove it, by selecting it and clicking the minus button like so (this requires administrative credentials to approve):
How To Enroll - Video
Scroll down beyond the videos for written instructions with screenshots.
- Use your favorite browser to download the custom mobile config file provided to you by Ntiva (this file is unique to your organization — or your client organization).
- Open System Preferences, then click Profiles (often the last icon) to Install the profile. You'll need to enter your Mac Admin credentials.
How To Enroll - Written Instructions
Once any existing MDM has been removed, proceed with the following to get enrolled:
- Download the custom mobile config file provided to you by Ntiva (this file is unique to your organization — or your client organization). Once it has been downloaded, you should see this notification:
- Click on the Apple Menu and select System Preferences, then click Profiles (often the last icon):
- You should see the new Profile in the left sidebar, usually named after your company - select it and then click Install
- You'll be asked for confirmation - click Install:
Once complete, you'll see additional MDM Profiles install, and the Ignore/Install buttons will be gone:
NOTE: Once downloaded, the profile will only be visible in System Preferences for 10 minutes, so please perform all the above steps in one sitting. If you wait and the profile is no longer visible, you should be able to find the .mobileconfig in your Downloads folder. Double-click it to proceed with the above steps.