Vision-Bot makes it easy to find and share devices for recycling — and profit.
- From the DEVICES page click the Recycle icon in the sidebar. (If you don't see this icon it means you don't have any devices 4-years-old or older.)
- From the Recycle tab click the Generate Report button.
- Follow the instructions to submit a list of old devices to SecondLifeMac.com for a quote. Or read about additional ways to Recycle Old Technology.
All new Macs are warrantied for 1-year. With the purchase of AppleCare+, you can extend this warranty for an additional 2-years to protect your Mac for a maximum of 3-years.
- Most businesspeople can effectively run a Mac for at least 4-years before needing a refresh.
- Creative Professionals — or anyone looking to run the latest and most powerful technology — may consider replacing their Mac every 3-years.
Three Trade-in Options
- Retail (trade-in credit or gift card): https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in
- Business (option for a check): https://phobio.com/smb/apple_business
- Chicago alternative to Apple: https://secondlifemac.com
Workstation Buyback Program
Consider implementing a Workstation Buyback Program in your organization.
After 4-years [consider 3-years for Creative Professionals], when Macs are refreshed, employees have the opportunity to purchase their machines from the company at the current market price [using https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in]. If they choose not to buy back the Macs can be Recycled for profit.
IBM said that their buyback program was not intended as a cost-saving measure, but as "the right thing to do" for their employees. As a nice side effect for the company, they've seen reduced tickets for damaged machines now that employees see it as potentially their own.