Forget Computers is upgrading to a new Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution to better manage and support the Apple devices of our partners.
Why the change?
The new solution provides many improvements over our current one. Here are a few examples:
- Devices will receive more consistent and timely Apple and third-party software updates.
- Partners will have a more reliable and secure way to request remote support.
- Partners will benefit from more direct access to device data, reports and MDM commands.
What you need to know
The installation is mostly automatic however due to Apple's ever-increasing security and privacy standards you may be presented with a few notifications you must approve.
There are two buttons that must be clicked by the person sitting in front of the Mac for our upgrade to work properly.
- During the initial installation, you will see a dialogue box that asks if "bash" may control "Finder". Please click OK on this dialogue box.
- You will be prompted to approve the Forget Computers MDM Profile. System Preferences will be opened and the Profiles pane selected for you. Click the Approve button to enable our new software.