Did you know Office 365 has a central Contact Directory — one your entire team can rely on to reach each other? Having an up-to-date directory can streamline your business and save everyone time and frustration. Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't make it very clear how to use this directory. Fortunately, we've done some investigating and testing to figure out the basics.
How to leverage the team directory built-in to Office 365
- UPDATE - Ask your team to update their Contact details by visiting this URL in Office 365: https://portal.office.com/account/#personalinfo.
- VIEW - Within 24-hours of updating, everyone can browse or search and view the updated contact information — of the entire team — online at https://outlook.office.com/people/ (select Default Global Address List from the sidebar).
Not working as expected? More information and why some fields may not be editable by everyone can be found here, How to update contact information in Exchange Online in Office 365. If you're a partner of Forget Computers, contact us for assistance!
- It may take up to 24-hours for changes to be shared with everyone.
- The People page in Outlook online is also where Admins can Import or Export contacts (look for Manage near the top of the page).
- In our testing, we were not able to make Personal info changes in Chrome (see the error message below). However, Safari Version 13.0.1 did work as expected.
Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
How administrators can update users' contact information
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal (https://portal.office.com) as an administrator.
- Click Admin, and then click Exchange.
- In the left navigation pane, click Recipients, and then click Mailboxes.
- Double-click the user whose contact information you want to change.
- In the User Mailbox window, click Contact Information.
- Make the changes that you want, and then click Save.