|Scheduled †||Scheduled||Priority *|
|New Mac Setup: Designer||$400||FREE||$500|
|New Mac Setup: Non-Designer||$300||FREE||$400|
|OS Upgrade (10.12/13 to 10.14)||$100||FREE||$200|
|OS Upgrade (from 10.11 or older)||$400||FREE||$600|
|Single App, Install or Upgrade||$50||FREE||$100|
|Software Suite, Install or Upgrade||$100||FREE||$200|
|New User (on managed Mac)||$100||FREE||$200|
† All flat-rate pricing is based on remote delivery. If onsite service is required then hourly rates, and hourly onsite minimums apply. * Pro Support plans receive 25% and VIP plans received 50% off all PRIORITY fees. All prices subject to change without prior notice.
New Mac Setup: Designer (See Form)
A "Designer" is anyone running Adobe Creative Cloud (CC), or professional font management software. Take the hassle out of setting up a new computer. We will fully set up and configure your computer system for proper functionality. (Repurposing the old machine is not included.) A Forget Computers Technician will:
- Unbox and setup up your computer system.
- Run Software Update and prepare the machine for remote support.
- Register AppleCare.
- Patch, record, and label new Mac software (Windows and pre-existing Mac software not included. Additional software installation fees may apply).
- Organize fonts as per office font management policy.
- Configure and test Internet connection, e-mail account, and printing.
- Configure for office backup system.
- Test workstation for proper functionality.
- Transfer up to 200GB of data from the old machine. Additional data transfer is $100 per 100GB because transferring large amounts of data is time-consuming and often problematic. Removing unnecessary files and folder from a Mac prior to a data transfer is recommended. If a data transfer (aka, Migration) between two existing Macs is required (and a New Mac Setup is not performed), then we must charge an hourly rate due to the same factors of unknown time and potential problems related to the data transfer and the post-migration cleanup.
New Mac Setup: Non-Designer (See Form)
A new Mac setup for a Non-Designer is the same as for a Designer but excludes font management and patching or testing of pre-existing Adobe Creative software.
macOS Upgrade (See Form)
Upgrade from old versions of macOS to macOS Mojave 10.14. This is a remote install, and a modern Mac, approved to run the latest version of macOS is required.
Software Install or Upgrade
Software updates (free patches) are always included free-of-charge as part of a Support Package. However, new software or purchased upgrades are considered Additional Work with the Core Maintenance Package. Software Installation covers one application. Software Suite Installation covers multiple applications in a suite (such as Adobe Creative Suite). In both cases, we will install, configure, update your software and provide ongoing support via our Support Desk. Software not included.
New User Setup (See Form)
Save money by contacting us early the next time you hire someone (including freelancers or contractors). Setup includes modifying an existing, managed workstation in preparation for the new user, plus setting up the server, email, and VPN accounts, if applicable. PLEASE NOTE: Freelancers and contractors on unmanaged Macs will be set up with Server, Email and VPN accounts at a flat-rate of $50 for standard, or $100 for priority service. Instructions will be provided, and any support required will be billed at our reactive hourly rate ($200/hr).
User Termination (See Form)
When users leave your company, several things must occur to maintain order and security. We will redirect or delete email accounts, archive local user accounts, change passwords for server and remote access, and do what it takes to help your office remain secure. Note that any security changes that affect multiple people are billed hourly.
THE FINE PRINT
Flat-rate pricing is per machine, OS, or software title and varies based on turnaround time. The clock starts counting once ALL product is available and delivered. We cannot schedule based on anticipated delivery times. Clients who plan and prepare are rewarded.
Scheduled: Within five business days
Priority: Within 48 business hours
The following requirements must be met to qualify for flat-rate pricing:
- The device must be covered under our a support agreement.
- The device must be no more than one year beyond the warranty.
- We must be involved from recommendation-to-implementation, meaning we recommend or approve the additional work and we perform or oversee the implementation. Please read this Knowledge Base article for more clarification.
- Depending on the project, we may require the Mac to be on the same local network as a modern macOS Server that we manage.