The iPad is has taken off in a way I don't think anyone expected.
There's been plenty of corporate interest and testing surrounding this device. That doesn't mean corporations will implement over the long haul, even though we believe tablets are here to stay and will become more advanced very quickly. They are so convenient and easy to use, and the possibilities of what they can do are only limited by the imagination of developers.
iPad Business Links:
- Apple iPad: 10 Ways It Will Change the Corporate World
- Business Insider: iPad For Business
- iTWire: How the iPad is finding its place in the corporate world
- PCWorld: ChaveWave Survey - Corporate Tablet Demand 'Exploding'
- Apple: iPad In Business - Apps For Business
- ZDNet: Survey on iPad in enterprise: Thumbs Up!
The iPad 2 is already in the rumor mill. Unless you really need one now, you might want to wait until the iPad 2 comes out. It will be more powerful and have more features than the current offerings, even though the iPad 1.0 is a remarkable device.
Some helpful links for developing your own iPad app:
- How to create iPad Apps
- Develop iApps (and Blackberry Apps too!) with just a browser
- Paid Apps: a tougher sell?
- How much does an iPhone/iPad app cost?
- How to Create Your First iPhone Application
- Make your own iOS apps
- Or contact an iOS developer like Helium Foot Software
And of course, if you need any help with managing our supporting an iOS device, we're here to help!