Plan Your Migration to Office 365 or G Suite
Below is a very high-level summary of steps and pricing for making the move to Microsoft Office 365 or Google G Suite.
Beware, there are often people in an organization who will lean toward wanting to do this themselves and will trivialize the process — It’s just email, right? In our experience, it’s best if you get assistance from someone with experience (like us!) to help you make this transformative change.
Start 5 Weeks before go-live
- Discuss making a smooth transition.
- Prepare, plan and educate your team.
- Test the environment.
- Schedule the transition.
- Plan for several hours (overnight) of email downtime.
- Schedule education time with employees: what to expect, day-one onboarding and training.
- Consider follow-up training to enhance the experience and workflow of your team.
- Microsoft Office 365 Premium (most popular version, includes Office desktop apps): $15/user/month.
- G Suite Business: $10/user/month. (If the Office desktop apps are required, add an additional $10/user/mo for Office 365 Business, and a total of $20/user/mo.)
- Finalize current/planned email infrastructure.
- Purchase and setup accounts at new host.
- OPTIONAL: Setup a subdomain for mail routing and dual delivery.
- Educate employees about the transition: What to expect!
- NOTE: Current email account passwords may be needed (or must be reset).
- Begin migrating mail data (First Pass).
- Install desktop apps (if applicable).
- Begin setup of users in mail client (desktop and/or web app).
- Assist with mobile device setup.
- Help employees verify they can access their account from all devices.
- Prepare employees for Go Live date.
- Begin final migration of email and calendar data (Second Pass)
- Make MX and DNS changes.
- Go Live. Be on site for support.
- Complete any remaining tasks.
- Test all group email addresses, web links, and forms.