Robot Cloud Sync - Local Distribution Point
Robot Cloud Sync allows you to quickly and easily create a local distribution point to host local copies of the Robot Cloud updates and installers. Having local copies speeds up the installation time and reduces the amount of bandwidth coming in and out of your office as updates are pulled once then distributed to each Mac through your local area network. These instructions pertain to setting up Robot Cloud Sync for the first time and for reinstalling Robot Cloud Sync for troubleshooting reasons.
- A Mac running macOS (10.8) or higher with Server.app configured. (Linux and Windows servers are not supported at this time.)
- 100 GB of available free space for local distribution point.
- The server must be enrolled with Robot Cloud.
Download and Install Robot Cloud Sync
- The current version can be downloaded from here - http://frgt.co/robotcloudsync4
- Once downloaded, navigate to your downloads folder and launch the installer package.
- Follow the steps to enter an admin password and select a sync time.
- By default the repository will be located on the boot drive, this can be changed during install.
Perform a Manual Sync
Robot Cloud Sync will automatically check for available packages from our Cloud Distribution Point once per day. You can also manually synchronize:
- As an administrator on the server, launch Terminal.app from /Applications/Utilities.
- Enter this command and hit return: